The rescue of a worn pair of little girls shoes that is! I have some really cute little girls shoes that my daughters just love. However the minute the toes get scuffed I feel like they lose some of their cuteness. They look sad & worn out. Well, Lily Kate out grew some shoes that still had plenty of life in them but I felt bad handing them down...so I decided to go ahead and experiment with an idea I have had bouncing around for a while and I am thrilled with the results. Read on!
1. Cover the entire top of the toe of the shoe with hot melt glue. Try to avoid the rubber of the sole, as it will just make for more clean up work later.
2. Heat the hot glue with the heat tool, making sure to get it all well heated.
3. Cover the entire toe with glitter, paying attention to all the sides, tops and edges. If any of the glue has spread to the sole of the shoe, it's easiest to remove it while it is slightly warm. I found using a craft knife was the perfect tool to lift away any excess glue/glitter.
4. Allow the glue to fully cool and brush away the excess using the spare toothbrush or paint brush. Repeat all steps on the second shoe.
5. Here's the finished project! I have done this pair, a black pair and have one more pair just like this to do. When I saw the facinated grin on Lily Kate's face I knew I had to do this to the one pair of shoes she hasn't yet out grown! I hope you enjoyed my super simple, but oh so sparkly go green, super redo! :)